Mount Washington Preschool and Child Care Center, Inc. is looking for an energetic, caring, and nurturing Toddler teacher to work at La Casita Verde Child Development Center located in the Highland Park neighborhood in Los Angeles. This is a full time, 30 hour a week position (M-F) and is perfect for someone who is passionate and dedicated to working with young children.
NOTE: Please only apply if you have worked with preschool children in any capacity, and you have at least the required 15 units in the following: Child Growth and Development, Home, School and Community, Curriculum, Infant and Toddler, you must also be continuing your education as this is center is working towards accreditation by NAEYC.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR RESUME.
Our Toddler room ranges in age from 18-36 months old. Applicants must have experience with of this age group.
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- AA degree in Early Childhood Education and minimum 2-years’ experience teaching preschool. Units must include the four core classes required by licensing, plus 3 units in Infant/Toddler.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to be understood by young children, parents, staff, and professionals affiliated with the center.
- Strong knowledge of child development theory and experience with current developmentally appropriate early childhood practices.
- Experience with an Emergent Curriculum both in practice and implementation.
- Ability to plan and facilitate a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children ages 2-3.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and parents in a positive, effective and professional manner.
- Experience with communicating with families
- Strongly able to multitask under pressure.
- Must possess current Pediatric CPR and First Aid certification.
- Possess the ability to act quickly and appropriately during emergencies and hazardous situations.
- Must have current immunization shots: including MMR, Tdap, TB test, Influenza Shot or waiver.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to routinely carry, bend, kneel, sit on small furniture and sit on the floor.
- A clear understanding of Title 22 regulations and NAEYC Criteria.
Duties will include:
- Work under the supervision of the Center Director work to provide the preschoolers with an enriched and stimulating environment that is well arranged, inviting and orderly.
- Act as a Primary Caregiver, meeting the needs of six children in your care as well as helping with all other children as needed.
- Assume responsibility of the classroom. Assist with the preparation and clean up food during meal times.
- Support the Center Director in maintaining a high-quality program that adheres to state licensing codes and NAEYC standards.
- Supervise, train and mentor new staff and student teachers.
- Maintain a healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environment at all times.
- Create a developmental portfolio to document each child’s developmental growth which includes assessments, observations, and reports.
- Perform periodic parent conferences to discuss children’s developmental growth, needs, and concerns.
- Model positive behavior, attitude, and language for children and staff.
- Attend all classroom and center meetings, as well as training workshops.
- Change diapers and clothing as needed. Follow the diapering procedures set by the center at all times.
- Assist with other duties as needed by the Center Director.
- Company pays 75% towards Medical Insurance.
- Employee paid low cost Dental and Vision insurance as well as Aflac insurance.
- 9 hours of PTO per month, plus additional 8 hours Birthday PTO.
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- 3 paid employee training days per year.
- Company sponsored workshops & trainings including Pediatric CPR & First Aid.
- Employees are paid for attending all mandatory trainings.
- Free parking
- Tuition reimbursement up to $300/year for employees working towards an AA and up to $500/year for working towards a BA or higher.
- Free annual membership to NAEYC, which includes the Young Children Journal or the Teaching Young Children journal.
- Free coffee, tea, and filtered water in the break room.
- Mount Washington Preschool and Child Care Centers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified persons regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
License Number 198012751 & 192006521
All persons entering the facility are subject to a health check. We are following the guidelines for child care from the Department of Public health.